Encourage your students to expand their knowledge and share their special gifts with the community, through participation in OMEA and NAfME sponsored performance opportunities, including:
- District solo and ensemble, and district and state level large group performance adjudication.
- The annual OMEA All-State Children’s Chorus
- District Honors Bands and Choruses for middle school and high school students as well as Region Orchestra for high schoolers.
- OMEA All-State and Professional Development Conference activities.
- The NAfME All-National Honors Ensembles for Band, Orchestra, Choir and Jazz.
- The U.S. Army All-American Marching Band Program
- Local, Eastern (NAfME) Division and national music composition contests.
- Promote membership in the Tri-M Music Honor Society, recognizing middle school and high school students for their academic and musical achievements.
- Celebrate music education through participation in Music in our Schools Month™