Make a difference on local, state, and national levels.
Music education in our country is threatened. Programs are heavily influenced by those who do not understand their importance. The good news is that every music educator can make a difference, as our community joins together to support access to quality music education for every child!
- Stay up-to-date on the latest proposals and educational policy from Raleigh, the state Department of Public Instruction, and Capitol Hill.
- Enlist our help in addressing the latest issues facing teachers, such as securing school funding, minimizing mandatory testing’s impact in the classroom, and the expansion of regular sequential music instruction.
- Many of NCMEA’s members are active participants in lendng input into the implementation, use and evaluation of teacher evaluation processes including the Analysis of Student Work process.
- Join the broader minded™ movement and show members of your community how music’s demonstrative impact extends far beyond the classroom.
- Engage in local music education advocacy, through NCMEA’s alliances with several arts advocacy organizations.
- Connect with your elected officials, and make a difference!